Job Descriptiona.i. solutions is seeking a key contributor to our space software systems development. We are looking for a focused individual who will work as a team member providing flight dynamics software systems development for Goddard Space Flight Center missions, company IP efforts, and/or other NASA programs. Itis also important that you are a long-term fit and possess a knowledge and passion for spaceflight systems and the development of high quality software. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and, the ability to work closely with flight dynamics analysts and operators. Finally, you should have a firm understanding of the software development lifecycle, key technologies, a talent for leadership, and the ability to see system-wide connections. These elements make up the a.i. way.
Essential Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate in all software development life cycle phases including gathering requirements, trade studies, designing solutions, development, testing, and implementation in operations.
- Participate in inter-disciplinary teams to design and develop systems capable of supporting real-time satellite flight operations, high fidelity analysis, and/or critical operations activities.
- Interact with and garner support from the customer and team members.
- Contribute to solving complex technical problems, and perform trade-off analyses of feasible options.
- Document and communicate your work to peers and customers through informal forums as well as formally in conference and journal publications.
- Continually research the latest progress in software, technologies, and operations to grow our value to the customer.
- Create and update software systems documentation.
- Bachelors Degree in computer science or a related field.
- 2-5+ years of software development experience in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience using node.js.
- Experience with the following: SQL database development and queries, using version control tools such as git, and applying software solutions to engineering problems.
- Experience developing front-end UI and graphical software elements is desirable.
- Experience with Unity development is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills with the ability to independently identify and resolve problems.;Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Passion for using and promoting software systems development best practices.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- U.S. Citizenship.
Seniority LevelEntry level
IndustryDefense & Space Computer Software Aviation & Aerospace
Job FunctionsEngineering Information Technology