DescriptionCloudera delivers the modern data management and analytics platform built on Apache Hadoop and the latest open source technologies. The world’s leading organizations trust Cloudera to help solve their most challenging business problems with Cloudera Enterprise, the fastest, easiest and most secure data platform available for the modern world. Our customers efficiently capture, store, process and analyze vast amounts of data, empowering them to use advanced analytics to drive business decisions quickly, flexibly and at lower cost than has been possible before. To ensure our customers are successful, we offer comprehensive support, training and professional services. Learn more at cloudera.com.
Impala is a scalable and fast SQL query engine that runs directly on Hadoop and supports a wide range of analytic workloads, from subsecond interactive dashboards with hundreds of concurrent users to petabyte-scale rich data exploration. Impala is currently supported by a large paying customer base, and is a key component of the Cloudera enterprise data hub. It is open sourced under the Apache 2.0 license and is developed publicly, including code reviews and bug tracking (see http://impala.io). It is distributed by Cloudera, MapR, AWS and Oracle among others. We are looking for an experienced senior engineer who was already contributed significantly to several successful releases of software products of high technical complexity.
Feel free to read our recent CIDR Paper on Impala: http://bit.ly/cidr15impala and IBM’s confirmation that we have the highest-performance system: (see http://www.vldb.org/pvldb/vol7/p1295-floratou.pdf.
- Impala is a flagship project within Cloudera. Cloudera is a leader in the fast-growing big data platforms market. This is a rare chance to make a name for yourself in the industry.
- Impala is one of the most technologically challenging developments in the enterprise software industry. You get to work with world class engineers on bleeding edge computational problems, with early access to next generation hardware through Cloudera’s partnership with Intel.
- Design and implement query engine components for low latency and scalability.
- Help ship high quality code.
- Contribute to productivity process and infrastructure improvement.
- Work with product managers and customers to understand requirements.
- Analyze performance characteristics to identify bottlenecks.
- Publicize Impala through blogs and conference presentations.
- Work in the San Francisco office.
- 8+ years professional software development.
- Experience and interest in writing production-quality code in C++. Java is a plus.
- Experience shipping several high quality releases of complex software.
- Familiarity with RDBMS concepts and SQL.
- Unix environment experience.
- System-level functional and performance debugging.
- Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with distributed systems or supercomputers is a plus.
- Experience with language implementation and particularly code generation is a plus.
Seniority LevelEntry level
IndustryInformation Technology and Services Computer Software Internet
Job FunctionsEngineering Information Technology