Job descriptionThe ASR group at IDC is looking for Linux kernel engineers with prior experience in developing file system or storage drivers to join the team that is working on DR & backup solutions using public cloud. You will be part of an agile group of people with strong Linux kernel and storage expertise with a proven track record of delivering products for onprem and cloud over the years.
- A genuine passion for file systems and storage technologies Excellent C/C++ coding skills.
- Experience writing kernel filter drivers or kernel-level code, as well as user land applications.
- Need to understand File system, Volume managers and block drivers Understand Linux boot sequence and device layer interactions.
- A solid understanding of data structures.
- A strong commitment to developing for testability and reliability
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills Solid understanding of operating systems including experience with performance evaluation.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent collaborative skills Outstanding written and verbal communication, including an understanding of how to write a Design Document for Engineering and for QA.
DescriptionWork with a highly skilled engineering team in the design and implementation of disaster recovery solutions for servers running on VMware/HyperV as well as public cloud.
You would deal with tera bytes of data and milli-second latencies each day. You would get to participate in all phases of product development cycle i.e., product definition, design, through implementation, debugging and testing.
Seniority LevelNot Applicable
IndustryComputer Hardware Computer Software Information Technology and Services