Job descriptionThe PayPal Compliance team is looking for Software Engineers, who is passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems. In PayPal, we develop massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to our business. You build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together. You need to have a solid foundational knowledge of computer engineering and intellectual curiosity to understand the business.
The Compliance Transaction team is responsible for the design, development, and support of Compliance APIs that are integrated with key strategic partners. Our solutions need to scale across millions of such interactions, working with petabyte-plus data, integrating with various other APIs in real time and yet providing high availability and configurability to the business. In PayPal, we develop massively scalable, distributed software systems that require high availability to our business. To achieve this we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs.
PayPal always looking for strong technologists who are passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. You will build strong competencies in data structures and algorithms, along with a technical fascination for how everything ties together.
- Be responsible for practicing technical design, developing new functionality and maintaining existing components.
- Deep dive into PayPal’s world class compliance systems and algorithms and work side by side with data scientists and analysts on data centric analytic solutions.
- Contribute to PayPal’s efforts to fight against regulatory violations, using advanced algorithms and technology, while deploying the code you develop into PayPal’s live systems, and having a true global effect.
- Design and implement highly available and scalable backend software components in Java in the PayPal compliance domain.
- Evaluating third party applications for compliance, tailoring it to PayPal needs and implementing the same.
- Develop automated tests and deliver high quality code to production within a short development cycle in the Continuous Integration and delivery environment.
- Conduct design and code reviews, fix bugs, and resolve production issues.
- Provide support for case management, regulatory filings and sanctions program.
- Work effectively with globally distributed teams in multiple time zones.
Example Of Job Requirements
- Solid foundational knowledge of computer engineering and intellectual curiosity to understand the business.
- At least 2+ years solid server-side development with Java.
- Solid knowledge of basic algorithms.
- Passion for developing robust, scalable software systems.
- Highly motivated, goal driven, Can-do approach.
- Innovative, entrepreneurial, team player, ability to multi-task.
- Strong OOP skills, ability to analyze requirements and prepare design.
- Hands on experience with common open-source and Java EE technologies.
- Experience with REST API’s, Web Services, Unit Testing, Java Build tools.
- Experience with Spring or any web MVC frameworks
- Exposure to Hadoop technologies and Experience in developing Pig scripts in Hadoop.
- Oracle, SQL, JDBC/ORM, JMS, App servers / Servlet containers, Maven/Git/Continuous integration.
Nice to have:
- Experience working in agile methodology.
- Experience working on Big Data platform.
- Experience working on front end technologies.
- Experience working both in startups and in large companies.
- Good communication skill to global business and technical partners.
- Basic Qualifications: 2+ years of experience - Masters or equivalent.
Seniority LevelNot Applicable
IndustryComputer Software, Financial Services, Internet
Job FunctionsEngineering Information Technology