How to Move Yahoo Email to Desktop in a Safe Manner
Reasons to Download Yahoo Mails to PC
- Some mails are very crucial but not checked out on regular basis. Those emails can be removed or lost if you kept them for a long time. Therefore, you need to save all Yahoo mails to desktop before it gets erased.
- While using Yahoo Mail, an internet connection is required to login and access all messages. But if you will have the backup of those mails then, you can access them anytime from your computer system.
- Keep in mind that you should never depend on any online mailing service. If someone depends on these services at this point, their servers might get collapsed and at the end, you may lose your data as well. So, backup is the only best way.
- If your account gets hacked then, you will lose all the important emails. In order to ensure the safety of data, then moving emails from Yahoo to computer can solve your issue.
- There are numerous types of virus infections that may affect your Yahoo account. There is a possibility that you may not be able to access your emails.
Move Yahoo Mail to Desktop Using Thunderbird
- Incoming: imap.mail.yahoo.com / Port: Either 993 (SSL) or 143 (very infrequently 585(SSL))
- Outgoing: smtp.mail.yahoo.com /Port: Either 25 or 465 (SSL) (very infrequently 2525)
4. Next, click the Re-test option to know about the internet connection. Afterwards, you can move Yahoo Mail to desktop folder.