Import vCard Contacts to Office 365
Solutions to Migrate vCard Contacts to Office 365
Approach 1 : Manual Method to import Contacts to Office 365 GAL
- Configure your aimed Office 365 email id in Outlook 2016 and then click on File icon.
- Click on Open and Export >> Import/Export option to continue with the procedure to migrate vCard contacts to Office 365
- From the displayed actions list, choose Import a vCard file (.vcf) option and click Next to import vCard into Outlook 365
- Select the VCF file, which is to be uploaded in MS Office 365 tenant and hit Open
- Go to the Contacts section in Microsoft Outlook and view the uploaded address book
- Now Login into the targeted Office 365 with similar id you used in Outlook 2016 at the time of configuration
- Move the mouse cursor towards Mail item and click on it
- Here you have to hit Contact icon.
- All your contacts of vCard file are displayed here.
- Not all types of vCard files will be supported by this manual technique.
- Lengthy procedure need to enter credentials while login both in Outlook and Office 365.
Approach 2 : Automated Method to Migrate Contacts to Office 365
So, Which One is The Best?Well, the choice is totally dependent upon the type of source VCF file. If the file is having few contact list only then, choose the manual approach otherwise to import vcf to Outlook 365 would be very tough job. Migrating bulk contacts through vCard file would be easier if you use automated way to import contacts to Office 365 global address list. We would like to end up on a node stating -
“The level of difficulty in the process to import VCF to Outlook 365 totally depends upon your choice”