What is the Need to Convert Domino to Exchange?
- The recovery of NSF files by using inbuilt repair tool is very complex.
- The technical complexity of Notes is a major reason why users migrate Domino to Exchange.
- IBM Notes provides less mailbox storage
Problem Faced During NSF to Exchange Migration
- There are many companies that are not aware of the resources which are needed to execute the migration in an efficient manner. The right tools, investment, manpower & the time is needed & there is always a chance for risk which can be calculated by experts only.
- The workflow of an organization can be reduced after the conversion when many users are new to the environment. This is because the users consume all the time in understanding the proper working of MS Exchange.
- The set up of MS Exchange & its environment both takes a lot of time & monitoring which can only be done by someone who has knowledge of it.
- Migrating to the new platform or new email client can raise many queries which should be handled before time. Accordingly, the company has to offer regular support to the users to maintain the workflow.
How to Migrate Domino to Exchange Manually?For the migration process, you need to download & install Transport Suite & synchronize the directory.
Install Transport Suite
- Download Transport suite. If you use 32-bit system, then download transporter32.msi, or Go to the file transporter.msi
- Install the Suite. Run .msi file, this will open welcome screen. Now, accept the terms & conditions that are provided on the licensed agreement screen & then continue.
- In the Transporter Suite for Lotus Domino, select “Components” & then install location screen. After that, select the option for MS Transporter tools & de-select the option “free busy add-in task” for Lotus Domino.
- Browse & select the location where you want to install the suite
- Click Next, the ready to install screen will get opened, click install to proceed.
Use Transporter Management Shell
- Select “Connect under tools for Domino” from the console tree
- Right-click & select option to create directory connector
- Now, create directory connector wizard will get opened, Click Next to continue
- Now, click create & then finish as the process gets completed
Use Transporter Command Shell
- Manager access or least editor access to Domino directory
- Should have access to UserCreator & UserModifier roles
- Has permissions to delete account
Perfect Solution to Export NSF Data to Exchange
- Easily migrate Lotus Domino to Exchange
- Remove password security from NSF files
- Provides option to map CN values from names.nsf
- Tool supports calendar Recurrences
- Option to Translate Canonical Name into SMTP format