It is very necessary to quickly manage and access specific contact information for effective and reliable communication. But, at the same time, it is very necessary for the users to maintain their address book information on regular basis. The users can easily convert Microsoft Outlook Contacts to VCF or any other file format. When users navigate to navigation pane and click on the people link, then the default Address book of Outlook is displayed. This default address book is contained in the contacts folder.
Techniques to Export Outlook Address Book to VCFThis blog will discuss the two techniques to convert Outlook Address Book to VCF file format. The first one will be the manual approach and the second approach will be the Automated Alternative Solution which can be performed using the Third-Party Tool.
Manual Approach to Transfer Outlook Contacts to VCF File
- Click the People button in the Navigation Pane and access the Contacts.
- Select the contacts that you want to export as VCF file.
- Click on MS Office button and then choose the Save As option.
- Navigate to the folder, where you want to save VCF file → Enter File Name → Select (*.VCF) file in Save as Column.
- Now, Click on Save to VCF file option.
- In the end, Click on the folder in which the VCF file is saved to view the saved one.
Limitations of Manual Approach
- The Manual Approach to transfer Outlook Contacts to VCF File does not support exporting multiple contacts as vCard file format at a time.
- The manual method is more time-consuming and is very complex to perform.
- The Manual Techniques are not 100% effective and efficient because they sometimes also generate false information about the contacts of the address book.
Automated Alternative ApproachThe above-discussed Manual approach to export Outlook contacts into VCF is very easy to perform but it is quite lengthy and results in wastage of time because using this approach users have to save the contacts manually which is not suitable for a large number of contacts. That is why users need a third-party automated solution to export Outlook 2016/2013/2010/2007/2003 contacts to VCF file. One such utility is SysTools PST Converter Software which can easily transfer Outlook Contacts to VCF file format in an effective and efficient manner. Some unique features of this utility are described below:
- Save Outlook Data items in EML/MSG/PDF/VCF file format
- Allows to convert Outlook Data File in TXT, RTF, HTML & MHT file format
- Supports Corrupted as well as Password Protected PST file
- Provides Quick Scan PST file and generate instant preview