Migrate Office 365 to Amazon WorkMail Manually
While creating the new user, Amazon WorkMail web application will create multiple mailboxes for them. Nevertheless, users can log in and access their emails from Amazon WorkMail, mobile phone, or MS Outlook on Mac platform or PC. Follow these steps to migrate Office 365 to Amazon WorkMail (AWS).
- Open the Amazon WorkMail console
- If necessary, then, you can change the region. From the navigation bar, decide the region that meets your comfort. For more details, you can see Regions and Endpoints within the Amazon Web Services General Reference.
- On Organizations window, select the organization’s alias from a list of organizations
- From the navigation pane, choose Users to view the entire list of all users within the directory, including disabled, enabled, and system users
- Next, create a new user, Click to select option Create User
- On Add, the details for your new user screen, enter the first and last name, username, and view the particular name and then, click Next
- On the Setup email address and password wizard, type the email address and actual password and select Add user option
During conversion from O365 to AWS, you have to promote Amazon WorkMail user as a migration administrator. You can mention migration administrator in the following ways:
- Add a new user migration admin inside Amazon WorkMail console or also create the user migration_admin within the Active Directory
- Enable particular user for the Amazon WorkMail application On Amazon WorkMail console, navigate towards Organizations settings from the Migration settings
- Now choose Edit button. Afterward, you need to specify a user that you have been designated as a migration administrator for the migration_admin field.