Steps to Repair Suspect SQL Database in an Easy Way
Reasons For SQL Server Suspect Database
- The devices are inaccessible to the server where database log files can be kept. This might be caused by any corruption in the hard disk sector or partition.
- Some files are missing and could not be found. There can be multiple causes for Suspect SQL database. In a while, any malicious malware or virus attack may be deleted server files.
- Another reason for suspect mode is due to SQL server crashes in the middle of the data transaction. If a transaction that updates the value of a large database and it can be stopped midway, there can be some changes made to particular value and not others. This might cause corruption in transaction log files and many errors are generated.
- Some other application may handle the server’s device files for preventing access to specific data files. As a result, this issue indicates while opening the SQL database and connecting with it. Most of an antivirus block files that they consider problematic. There may be some file corruption caused by a malware infection that scanners start to repair and fix.
- One another cause for a suspect database is corruption in the transaction logs caused due to the abnormal/improper shutdown of a local machine.
- There might be errors generated due to the limited disc space or hard drive of the computer system.
How to Repair Suspect SQL Database Manually?
- Enter an Emergency Mode for gaining access to the SQL Server database. This mode provides read-only access to the administrator to troubleshoot the database in an emergency.
- Having gained access to SQL database, run the Consistency Check on a master database file. This kind of checks for all logical as well as physical errors within the SQL database.
- After that, move to the Single User Mode and rollback any type of transaction that may not be completed successfully.
- Now, if certain errors are found during DBCC check, then you need to repair them by using repair_rebuild, repair_allow_data_loss, and repair_fast.
- Finally, move back to the Multi-User Mode and verify the connection of database server.