Introduction to Outlook Error 0x800cccof
Outlook has became a highly used email client for business and home users. But error in MS Outlook can create a problem for the users as they are hard to fix. Among all such errors, one commonly faced error by the users is:
This message arises when the Outlook’s SMTP-based email send or receive operation fails. Now, in order to fix this error, you have to understand the reason behind it.
Root Causes Of 0x800ccc0f in Microsoft Outlook
- Corrupt OST file can be a reason behind this error.
- Improper settings of Microsoft Outlook or due to damaged Outlook profile.
- Technical issue in the Exchange Server settings.
- Incoming and outgoing messages are blocked by the firewall.
- Slow internet connection can also be one of the causes behind this error
These are the various reasons/cases in which Outlook displays this error. Now, to resolve this error, different troubleshooting ways are discussed in the next section.
How to Fix Error 0x800ccc0f in MS Outlook?
Solutions to every error is based on the problem behind it. Try every solution in case you want to know the exact problem behind this error.
1) Check Your Internet Connection
Make sure that your computer is connected to the internet. To verify this, a user needs to check the access gateway connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server. If slow internet connection was the reason behind this error, then the error is resolved.
2) Launch Outlook in Safe Mode
Running Outlook in safe mode will disable any software that is added to a computer for extra features. This will run Outlook in it’s basic settings. It will resolve the error if any add-ins were the root cause of the problem.
To run Outlook in safe mode go to Start Menu, type Outlook.exe /safe in search box then press Enter and launch the programme.
NOTE: For earlier version of Outlook you have to search in the run dialog box
3) Disable the Firewall and Anti-virus
To disable these you have to just follow these simple steps
- First of all, go to Start button
- Click on Control Panel >> Network Connections
- Right-click on the current internet connection of yours
- Select Menu from Properties
- Click on Security tab and Switch Off the firewall
After this you have to manually select the POP SERVER name i.e. pop.gn.apc.org and the SMTP SERVER name in the email account in Outlook.
- First of all, open MS Outlook application
- Go to Tools >> E-mail Accounts >> view or change existing e-mail accounts >> Next
- In e-mail account dialog box, click on the Add button
- Click POP3, then click on the Next button
- Enter the information of your POP3 mail server >> Next >> Finish
- Check and verify the Outlook Settings
NOTE: Each Outlook version have different settings.
4) Launch the Inbox Repair Tool
Inbox Repair tool is a facility provided by the Microsoft itself for the user to recover PST and OST files. This tool can recover the minor corrupted data in Outlook, which can help you to resolve this error. This repair tool is inbuilt that means you do not have to download or purchase them from other websites. You can use this method if none of the above method is working for you. Using this tool is a cake walk for the user. Users have to select the corrupted PST file and the rest of the work is done by the tool automatically.
Till now you may have fixed your error but if not, don’t worry. There is still one more solution. In some cases the system may not find the main cause of the error. In that case you can try this solution, which is suggested by the experts.
Experts Solution to Fix Error 0x800ccc0f in Microsoft Outlook
The above-discussed manual solution may have some limitations like unable to Repair severely damaged PST file. Thus, to have a guaranteed solution, a user is suggested to try some third-party tool. SysTools PST Recovery tool used to repair damaged PST files and exports it to Outlook PST, EML, MSG and Office 365.
- Allows to recover deleted email messages from PST file
- Capable to recover all data items calendars, contacts, etc., from PST file.
- Repair and export PST file into PST, EML, MSG, and Office 365
- Allows to recover compressible & highly encrypted PST file
- Compatible with Microsoft Outlook 2016 & below versions
To fix error 0x800ccc0f in Microsoft Outlook a user can try the various methods discussed above. These troubleshooting ways will surely resolve this error in an efficient way and without any loss of data.