Windows Live Mail & Outlook both email applications are used to send and receive emails over the Internet. You can not synchronize Windows Live Mail and Outlook email application. Windows Live Mail stored data in the local system to access these data into Outlook you need to convert Windows Live Mail data to PST format.
Windows Live Mail is a discontinued program so every WML users want to migrate their emails, contacts, etc. data into Outlook email application. Data migration from Windows Live Mail to Outlook is required to access old data of WML into Outlook. In this section, we will give you solution for how to migrate emails, contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook.
How to Export or Migrate Windows Live Mail Emails to Outlook PST?
Windows Live Mail email application store their email message into EML file format, it stores entire data of email with attachments into a single EML file. So to migrate Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook you need to import EML files to Outlook PST. Take the help of given manual steps to perform migration of Windows Live Mail emails to PST file.
Follow steps to Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Outlook -
- Open MS Outlook.
- Open Windows Live Mail.
- In Windows Live Mail, you have to click the File button, then select the Export option, then select Email Message.
- Now, select Microsoft Exchange as the format and then click Next.
- Windows Live Mail display the message that all emails will be exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange, Click on Ok button to continue the process.
- It also provides Select Folders option to export select folders. You can export all email folders or selected folders. Select appropriate option according to your requirement & click Ok to start Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST export process.
- When the Export process completed dialog box appears to click on the Finish button.
With the help of this manual steps you can export Windows Live Mail emails to PST file, but it will take some time to export data, time depends on number of Windows Live Mail emails. Windows Live Mail installation is required to perform this task.
How to Migrate Contacts from Windows Live Mail to Outlook?
Follow all the given steps to export Windows Live Mail contacts to Outlook, in this manual way you have to export contacts as .csv file, then import CSV into Outlook.
- Open Windows Live Mail.
- Click Contacts folder & click Export.
- Select Comma Separated Value (.csv).
- Now browse the desktop folder, type file name and then click the save button.
- Click Next and select all the fields which you want to export & click the Finish button.
Now import Windows Live Mail contact file into Outlook email application
- Open Outlook, Select Contacts and click the file.
- Now, select open & export & click import/ export.
- Select Import from another program or file and click Next.
- Highlight Comma Separated Value and click Next.
- Now Browse CSV file.
- Select the CSV file and click Ok.
Given solution will help you to migrate Windows Live Mail to Outlook, but the whole procedure to export Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook PST file will take time. To migrate multiple Windows Live Mail emails to PST file in bulk you have to use Windows Live Mail to Outlook converter. This software provides an easy way to export multiple WLM emails to PST file with entire data including attachments. It also maintains the integrity of data of Windows Live Mail into PST format.
You can migrate Windows Live Mail emails, contacts to Outlook PST file by manual method, but it will take time to export large amount of WLM emails and you have to follow all the steps. Other hand automated tool is an easy way to migrate unlimited Windows Live Mail emails to PST in bulk manner without any difficulties.